About The Job
Works closely with the Safety Professional and HR department with ongoing safety training, reporting, and recordkeeping. Assists Safety with accident reporting, workers comp claim management, hazard communication and managing PPE. Assists HR with onboarding and orientation of new employees, managing drug testing schedules and results, and processing safety training certificates. This position primarily works in the office with occasional job site visits as necessitated.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support with accident/exposure reporting, tracking, and investigating.
- Assist with identifying areas for increased training and emphasis of accident prevention. Support in the coordination of light duty tasks for injured employees.
- Ensure employees meet and/or maintain drug testing requirements.
- Assist with updating and implementation of company’s Emergency Response Plan. Track and ensure appropriate individuals are trained in the processes and procedures.
- Support the implementation of safety training programs to include weekly toolbox talks, monthly safety meetings, written materials, and creating proof of training.
- Assist with new hire training on common safety hazards of construction sites. Site specific training (i.e., confined space, fall protection, MEWP operation, etc.)
- Ensure that all posting requirements are up to date.
- Maintain department confidentiality.
- File, organize and maintain all paperwork associated with above referenced tasks.
- Learn basic trade vocabulary.
- Participate in cross-training.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Assist with new hire onboarding and orientation. This includes sending new hire paperwork, ensuring accurate completion, entering information in internal software with accuracy.
- Update Safety Professional of all incoming new hires, assist with new hire safety assessment and trainings.
- Assist with internal workers comp review, collaboratively with HR and Safety.
- Maintain driver qualification files.
- Assist with office safety assessments and trainings
- Organize incoming PPE, apparel, and safety supply deliveries
- Other HR assistance as applicable
The candidate must possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills with MS outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Previous HR, Safety, and/or Construction experience preferred.
- Able to clearly and concisely draft and/or present instructions, policies, notes, training topics for all team members.
- High level of organization and strong attention to detail in all activities is imperative.
- Clean driving record.
- Strong work ethic, possess a positive attitude with willingness to proactively solve issues.
- HR/safety knowledge is preferred.
- Able to maintain effective working relationship with employees, supervisors, peers and customers.
- OSHA Certification, CPR, preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs
- Must be willing to work extended hour days when business needs demand
Alliant Systems presently provides coverage for:
- Medical and dental for employee (coverage available for dependents at additional premium)
- 401k retirement plan – Alliant currently matches up to 4% of what employee contributes
- Holiday, vacation, and sick leave compensation
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Flexible spending program
All non-union new hires must pass a drug test
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position would perform. All employees of Alliant Systems are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory / management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Alliant Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alliant participates in E-Verify