At Alliant Systems, we’re immensely proud to say that turnover is low and team member satisfaction is high. In fact, many of our employees have worked together for more than 25 years. This storied history of collaboration is one that gives us a strategic advantage over the competition, and we’re looking to recruit people who fit our culture. Customers consistently give our teams high marks for their first-class work and friendly manner. Our current employees describe our company culture as family oriented, with working relationships that are rooted firmly in trust, flexibility, and transparency. If you’re ready to start a meaningful career in the construction industry, Alliant Systems can offer you that opportunity.
BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION
This is a key sales position that involves the continued growth and oversight of Alliant’s Building Automation and Controls Department. In this position, you must be able to competently design, estimate, sell, manage, and execute all aspects of a controls project, as well as manage and grow a crew of union and non-union personnel. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with building owners, working to acquire new customers, and promoting Alliant Systems control offerings. You will work with IT and vendors to keep licensing and parts pricing in line with Alliant and industry standards. Some portions of this work will include helping to estimate construction and tenant improvement projects. Typical duties and skill sets will include:
• Have a core understanding of building automation and control system components, mechanical and HVAC systems and how those systems operate together.
• Gather and validate preliminary information including facility walkthroughs, construction plan and specification review, and assisting customers in solving their DDC related issues.
• Responsible for project take off, selection of controls equipment and components, HVAC system integration, and all aspects of successfully installing a controls system.
• Competent in designing a new control system or retrofitting/upgrading an existing system.
• Develop a good working relationship with Engineering, Commissioning, Plumbing, HVAC, and others on the team that can provide valuable input on the design aspect of controls projects.
• Ability to generate new leads and convert leads into opportunities.
• Responsible for estimating, proposing, negotiating, and overseeing the entire sales process from an initial lead to executed contract.
• Assist customers and act as a resource to help solve their HVAC and controls related issues.
• Comfortable meeting and working with both internal and external customers from first appointment to closing the sale, and communication throughout the entire job.
• The ability to estimate controls work – from selecting proper components, licenses that will need to be included, labor needed as well as working with any subcontractors to provide pricing on estimates.
• Manage sales workload, develop a controls sales pipeline and installation backlog, and communicate that workload with other departments and sales staff within the company.
• Develop relationships with subcontractors and perform scoping walkthroughs when applicable.
• Responsible for controls sales leads and comparing opportunities to department capabilities.
• Determine project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all customer requirements
• Manage all aspects of a controls project from start to finish. Including scheduling, ordering material, assigning project teams and labor, fulfilling project requirements, billings, project profitability and project closeout.
• Must be able to forecast, plan and manage labor and resources for Alliant Systems Control’s Department.
• Work in partnership with our New Construction and Special Projects sales team, and our design-build engineering department to promote the overall growth and vision of Alliant’s controls department.
• Cross coordinate with other project managers and departments to successfully execute a project.
• Excellent inter-office and external communication.
• Successfully monitor and manage the selling process of multiple projects at one time.
• Experience managing control projects ranging from $5,000 to $500,000, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Previous experience in managing small and large controls projects, as well as managing a crew of people.
• Coordinate and schedule technicians to the proper jobs, working with other departments when necessary.
Candidate must possess the following requirements and skills:
• Minimum 5 years of solution sales experience in the HVAC and controls industry
• Experience with Niagara System Architecture
• Experience with DDC System Controls; Distech experience preferred.
• Experience with VRF Controls (Daikin, LG and Mitsubishi).
• Supervisory experience.
• Desire to be of service to our customers.
• Ability to handle a number of projects at the same time (sales, estimating, pm).
• Ability to effectively interact with customers, field personnel, and office staff.
• Possess strong verbal, written, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
• Takes pride in work and accepts responsibility for professionalism and accuracy
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Products
• Ability and willingness to work independently or in a team atmosphere
• Ability to consistently set and meet deadlines
• Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities
• History of good employment attendance
• A valid license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record
Alliant Systems presently provides coverage for:
• Medical and dental for employee (coverage available for dependents at additional premium)
• 401k retirement plan – Alliant currently matches up to 4% of what employee contributes
• Holiday, vacation, and sick leave compensation
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• Employee and dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
• Flexible spending program
Alliant Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. Alliant Systems participates in E-Verify
All non-union new hires must pass a drug test