BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION
This is a key sales position that involves the continued growth and oversight of Alliant’s Building Automation and Controls Department. In this position, you must be able to competently design, estimate, sell, manage, and execute all aspects of a controls project, as well as manage and grow a crew of union and non-union personnel. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with building owners, working to acquire new customers, and promoting Alliant Systems control offerings. You will work with IT and vendors to keep licensing and parts pricing in line with Alliant and industry standards. Some portions of this work will include helping to estimate construction and tenant improvement projects. Typical duties and skill sets will include:
BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION: This is a key sales position that promotes the continued growth and oversight of Alliant’s Building Automation and Controls Department. This position works with internal Controls team and external clients to maintain and develop connections that will generate future Controls project opportunities. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with building owners, working to acquire new customers, and promoting Alliant Systems control offerings. Some portions of this work will include helping to estimate construction and tenant improvement projects. Typical duties and skill sets will include:
• Ability to generate new sales leads and convert into opportunities.
• Assist customers and act as a resource to help solve their HVAC and controls related issues.
• Perform estimates during sales process controls work.
• Develop relationships with subcontractors and perform scoping walkthroughs when applicable.
• Attend client meetings to present technical information to clients.
• Determine project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all customer requirements.
• Demonstrated understanding of building automation and control system components, mechanical and HVAC systems and how those systems operate together.
• Gather and validate preliminary information including facility walkthroughs, construction plan and specification review, and assisting customers in solving their DDC related issues.
• Responsible for project take off, selection of controls equipment and components, HVAC system integration, and all aspects of successfully installing a controls system.
• Develop a good working relationship with Engineering, Commissioning, Plumbing, HVAC, and others on the team that can provide valuable input in all aspect of controls projects.
• Experience managing control projects ranging from $5,000 to $500,000, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Management of controls projects and team throughout life cycle.
• Forecast, plan and manage labor and resources for Alliant Systems Control’s Department.
• Work in partnership with our New Construction and Special Projects sales team, and our design-build engineering department to promote the overall growth and vision of Alliant’s controls department.
• Excellent inter-office and external communication.
• Previous experience in managing small and large controls projects, as well as managing a crew of people.
Candidate must possess the following requirements and skills:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Alliant Systems presently provides coverage for: